We had a great meeting last night to plan out all the details for the picnic.Our current attendance estimate is 200! We’ll have name-tags and guest books (by year) at a reception table.
Things for everyone to bring
There is picnic table seating for about 100, so everyone is encouraged to bring folding chairs, shade (umbrellas, “Easy-Ups”), blankets, etc. Also bring:
- something to eat and drink (we’ll have hot coals and ice)
- plates, cups, eating utensils (we’ll have a few for those who forget, but maybe not enough for everyone) (We encourage you to “be green” and avoid disposables.)
- musical instruments
- sports equipment
- Cell phone reception at the picnic area is spotty. Your phone may not work.
- If you’d like to come up by bus, the AC Transit #67 stops at the Brazilian Building. It leaves Downtown Berkeley BART on the :50 (11:50, 12:50, etc.), and arrives at the Brazilian Building 25 minutes later on the :15 (12:15, 1:15, etc.). It’s about a one-mile hike (0.9 miles). If you’d like a shuttle from the bus, leave a comment below with the bus you will be on and Lee will come pick you up.
The picnic table is Padre picnic area on South Park Drive. The bus is the bus stop at the Brazilian Room.
View BHS ’74-’79 Picnic in a larger map
Below is a list of tasks that need to be done. If you can complete any of them, add a “comment” to the post. Lee will move your name from the comments to the list.
Purchases (you will be reimbursed!)
- Plastic forks (500 box) – Carol?
- Napkins – Carol?
- 12 Table cloths- Carol?
- 3 “BBQ kits” (long handled tongs, spatulas)
- 2 “Charcoal chimney” starters
- Charcoal (6 big bags) – Clifford bought 4
- 8 “Roughneck” 31 gallon storage boxes (sturdier, available at Lowes) or 8 “Roughneck” 54 Gallon Hi-Top (less sturdy, available at Home Depot) (for icing drinks) – Clifford bought 3 x 35 gallon
- 400 lbs ice – Joey
- Folding table from Jenny – Joey
- Easy-Up for reception area – Clifford
- Plastic bags for trash/recycling – Carol?
- 8 Composition books for signing in (and decorating them with BHS colors/yellowjackets?) – Clifford
- Name tags – Lee
- Traffic barriers for unloading area (from Jenny’s) – Joey
- 20 pens – Clifford
Shifts at reception table (2 people):
- 11:30-1:00 –Emily Hall & Dino Tomelden
- 1:00 – 2:30 – Debby Segal & Sally Fuller Panasenko
- 2:30 – 4:00 – Lee Trampleasure & ______
- after that arrivees are on their own 🙂