Class of 1978 40 year reunion dinner and dancing
September 22, 2018
The 40th Reunion for the Class of 1978 is coming fast! Get your tickets now!
The event will take place at the Hilton Garden Inn in Emeryville on September 22, 2018 from 7pm to midnight.
Due to popular request, we have opened the event to neighboring classes of plus or minus two years for a reunion of the teens of the seventies, Classes of 1976-1980.
Change of venue – You’ll Love the View! In the silver linings department, Hs. Lordships is closing down in July, but we have secured a new location with better features just 1,000 yard south at the Hilton Garden Inn. Stunning views from the 14th floor and free parking; it promises to be a memorable event.
Tickets are $90 each, and covers a buffet meal and DJ. You may buy a table for 8 for $720. You may also make a donation towards our scholarship fund for those who may have difficulty affording the ticket.
We want you — This is your reunion, so help make it happen by committing to show up and purchase your ticket now, and spread the word. Post the link to this Eventbrite site to your Facebook page, invite your BHS friends and encourage them to go and send them this link.
Help make this event what you want it to be.
You can also check for updates at: http://berkeleyhighalumni.com/index.php/category/classes-of-1970-79/1978
- Who is invited to the event?
- The Class of ’78 reunion is open to all who, or would have, graduated in 1978 or proximal years (1976-1980).
- What type of food will be at the event?
- We will be having a buffet dinner. Vegetarian option available. Final menu selection will be made by 8/23/2018. We’ll keep you posted.
- What type of beverages will you be having at the event?
- Bars will include beer and wine (not included with regular admission ticket).
- What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Free Parking! Also the end of the line on the 51B AC Transit route.
- Can I bring a guest?
- Yes, bring a guest.
- Can I attend if I didn’t graduate from that high school but attended many years with most of the high school alumni?
- Absolutely, we want you to be here..
- I’m a teacher, can I attend the reunion?
- Sure, we’d love to see you!
- What’s the refund policy?
- Sorry, no refunds.
- Can I wait until the last minute and buy a ticket at the door?
- Sorry, no ticket sold at the door. Last chance to buy tickets is September 15.
- Is there a place to stay nearby?
- The Hilton Garden Inn will be as close as you can get. We don’t have a block reserved, but they should have rooms available. You can reach them at 1-510-658-9300.
- The DoubleTree by Hilton is located at the Berkeley Marina. A block of rooms has been reserved for September 21, 2018 – September 23, 2018. The special room rate will be available until August 31st or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. You can access the BHS Reunion 78 Room Block reservation site here: http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/J/JBKCADT-60P-20180921/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG You can also call 1-800-559-4655 and ask for the 60P group discount.
- Whats for dinner?
- Salad – Mixed Baby Greens
- Roasted Breast of Chicken with fresh thyme
- Roasted Atlantic Salmon Filet with lemon butter
- Pasta Primavera with Vegetables
- Cream cheese carrot cake
- Red velvet cake