Submitted by The Craneway Pavilion:
- About: Craneway Pavilion is a world-class, sustainably designed event, concert and production facility centrally located in one of the planet’s most iconic destinations – San Francisco Bay Area.
- Endless possibilities: A soaring industrial-chic interior, landmark architecture, breathtaking San Francisco Bay Views set the stage for cultural events, public gatherings and private affairs as unforgettable as the San Francisco Bay Area itself. The awe-inspiring Craneway Pavilion is as state-of-the-art as it is historic – the building features original floors, brickwork, window panes, pulleys and an entire crane left as artifacts adding to the .
- Venue size: flexible space of 45,000 sq ft with an adjoining 20,000 square-foot open-air patio, seamlessly blending indoor and outdoor spaces. The space is an open canvas to create your own unforgettable event. Beautiful curtains are used to divide the space into thirds for smaller parties and create a cozy and intimate atmosphere. No two events are rented at the same time.
- Convenient location: 10min from Berkeley, 5min from the Richmond/San Rafael Bridge, and 15min from the San Francisco Bay Bridge. Craneway Pavilion is at Ford Point at the Marina district of Richmond, convenient to the 580 freeway. Its wharf is accessible by private ferry from many Bay Area waterfront locations, including downtown San Francisco (less than 25 minutes from pier 3 or 33). The Craneway is also accessible by helicopter, BART and Amtrak (+ shuttles from nearby stations), car, and by foot or bicycle from shoreline Bay Trail.
- Parking: there are 1,200 dedicated parking spaces, including 400 valet. Convenient load in/out dock for vendors.
- BARCO video wall: Spectacular 100 tiles of BARCO 8mm I-Lite LED video wall for power point, video, live camera content is available for your event. Custom lighting, staging, AV and full production set up also available.
- Catering and Bar services on site – Full liquor license, 4 bars and a catering kitchen available for your events. The historic boiler room of the Ford Assembly Plant has been converted into a 110 seat BoilerHouse restaurant with striking Bay views. Local fare is served amongst original, refurbished equipment – magnificent looking steam generators, original pendant lights and staircases.
- Choose Green: The Albert Kahn’s south-facing sawtooth roof design fills the building with natural light and supports a one-megawatt rooftop solar power plant. The hand-crafted wood-slab tables used in the Craneway and BoilerHouse restaurant are made from salvaged white oak trees. Craneway is designed for maximum sustainability, combining 21st century’s most forward-thinking building standards and green technologies with the structure’s original environmentally friendly features- including more than 40,000 panes of glass that welcome in abundance of natural light.
- Award winning: The restoration of the Ford Assembly Building, part of which is the Craneway Pavilion, has won the National Trust for Historic Preservation Award.
· Online at www.craneway.com
We have not heard of any BHS reunions at The Craneway, but they have hosted reunions from other high school. If your class has their reunion there, please let us know.